Sunny side up eggs in garlic & dill yogurt sauce on whole wheat crispy tortilla. Obviously couldn’t save the yolks when transferring from the skillet to the plate but still lovely all the same. I thoroughly enjoyed eating this beauty. Soft, yet crispy, and creamy and fresh, the adjectives never end! Lots of goodies in this one for energy and sustenance throughout the day.
Fried Egg with Herb Yogurt Sauce
1 toasted whole wheat tortilla, 8 inch diameter (or whole what pita bread)
5 grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup fresh spinach
1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tbs plain yogurt
1/2 tbs chopped fresh dill, extra for garnish
1/8 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste
cracked black pepper to taste
1 tsp olive oil, extra to drizzle
- In a small bowl prepare the yogurt sauce. Add plain yogurt, chopped dill, garlic powder, and a tsp of olive oil. Mix well. Put to cool in the fridge.
- In a small nonstick skillet add a drizzle of olive oil. Put on medium heat. When heated, and add in mushrooms until they reduce.
- Next add grape tomatoes and spinach for about a minute and stir. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and black pepper.
- Next add cracked eggs whole. Maneuver the skillet so the eggs cover the entire surface. Add a touch more salt and black pepper. Add your desired amount of paprika and chili flakes on top.
- Allow the eggs to cook while leaving the yolk still runny. You can reduce to low heat and cover the skillet. Watch carefully and remove from heat when done.
- Toast tortilla. Add a spread of the yogurt mixture. Carefully maneuver the eggs out of the skillet and place on top of tortilla and yogurt.
- Garnish with fresh dill, a drizzle of olive oil, serve, and enjoy!
www.alaaspantry.com * instagram.com/alaaspantry