crisp garlicky oven baked potatoes, loaded with fiber, B vitamins, iron, and potassium
Roasted red potatoes made with garlic and thyme infused olive oil. It. Smells. Wonderful. The technique used here with the olive oil helps create a more robust rich flavor. Allow the herbs and garlic to sit and marinate in the olive oil before you use it for cooking. These potatoes are packed with fiber, that aids in digestive health as well as cholesterol maintenance. Most of the fiber found on potatoes is within the skin of the root vegetable. So always keep the skins on! These potatoes provide B vitamins which support nervous system health and energy production. Iron aids in the transportation of oxygen to different parts of our bodies which allow our organs function normally. Potassium provides relief from stroke, anxiety and stress among other benefits. An easy combination of fresh herbs and seasonings make these potatoes a perfect yet simple side dish.
Garlic and Thyme Roasted Red Potatoes
3 pounds baby red potatoes, halved (can use regular red potatoes or any potato variety cut into bite-size pieces)
6-7 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tsp fresh thyme leaves, divided
1 tsp dried oregano, divided (can use fresh oregano)
salt to taste
cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and leave baking sheet, layered with a sheet of parchment paper, in to get hot.
- Combine olive oil with 1 tsp of fresh thyme and crushed garlic. Stir well and allow to sit for several minutes. The olive oil will pick up the flavors from the garlic and thyme.
- In a bowl combine olive oil, garlic, and thyme mixture with the potatoes along with 1/2 tsp oregano and a fresh coating salt and cracked black pepper.
- Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven carefully and add potatoes spreading them evenly.
- Put in the oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, while removing and stirring the potatoes halfway in.
- When finished (ensure the potatoes are cooked through) turn the broiler on for about 3 minutes (watching carefully) for the potatoes to crisp more and brown.
- Remove from the oven when done and add the remaining thyme and oregano leaves and mix well. Taste, and add a fresh coating of salt if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
for more follow