Red quinoa and vegetables in a lightly sweet and zesty salad. A perfect combination of sweetness from the yellow bell peppers and dried cranberries to zest from the lime and vinegar. Perfect dish for a spring or summer party! Got inspired to make this at a summer party of my own. Loaded with protein, fiber, and omega-3s among other essential vitamins and minerals. Plus, (the greatest incentive) it’s tasty!
Red Quinoa Veggie Salad
1/2 cup red quinoa
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup halved heirloom tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
1/4 cup lightly crushed walnuts
1 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
1/2 stalk scallions, thinly sliced
1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
1 small lime, juice
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 tbs honey
- Cook quinoa. Add 1 cup water to a small pot. Add a drizzle of olive oil and salt to taste. Put on high heat and let water come to a vigorous boil. Add in quinoa, put on low heat and cover for about 15 minutes until quinoa cooks through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan add a drizzle of olive oil and walnuts. On medium heat constantly stir walnuts until toasted and lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl combined cooled quinoa and walnuts with the dried cranberries, heirloom tomatoes, peppers, and scallions. Add salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Combine and whisk together dressing ingredients. Add dressing slowly to salad until desired. Store any leftover in the fridge.
- Allow salad to cool in fridge for extra time if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
http://www.alaaspantry.com * instagram.com/alaaspantry