a sweet, simple, two-ingredient crusted tart that’s topped with fresh fruit and a rich honey glaze
This simple fruit tart was made with a two-ingredient crust, vanilla greek yogurt filling, and fresh fruit with a honey drizzle as glaze. In the crust dates are combined with nuts to create a paste. This method is commonly used in Middle Eastern cooking and dates are molded into a paste to create fillings in cookies and other desserts. Dates are a powerhouse of nutrients and a 100g servings contains 32% fiber which aids towards digestive health. Their rich carbohydrate content also allows them to be a great energy booster. They are a good source of vitamin B6, potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, and iron. They are preventative towards certain cancers and diseases when consumed regularly. Greek yogurt is also a nutrient-dense food that is a good source of calcium, potassium, protein, zinc, and vitamins B6 and B12. Greek yogurt has a thicker and creamier texture than regular yogurts due to the whey being strained out of it. It contains probiotic cultures that support the health of good gut bacteria. This recipe yields a 9-in diameter tart but can easily be redefined to make mini tarts in smaller molds. Also, the topping possibilities are near endless.
Peach & Berries Fruit Tart
15 ajwa or medjool dates, pits removed
1 1/2 cups cashews or walnuts
1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
1 peach, cut in thin half wedges
honey, to drizzle
- Remove the pits from all the dates. If the dates are hard let them soak in water for about 10 minutes. When finished dispose of water and any excess water from the dates.
- Combine dates and nuts into a food processor until a thick paste is formed. The oil in the nuts will keep the paste moist.
- Next line a 9-in fruit tart tin with parchment paper. Add the date paste and mold it evenly throughout the tin bringing it up on the sides.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to cool down.
- Next add and spread the greek yogurt. Decorate with fruits and add the drizzle of honey for the final touch.
- Cut into 8 even pieces, serve, and enjoy!
for more follow