These little ones tasted as beautiful as they look. Perfectly roasted baby eggplant topped with a black pepper tahini yogurt sauce, diced mango cucumber and mint salad, and toasted walnuts to finish it all off. Perfect starter, appetizer, or side dish for a hearty meal. Definitely a simple dish to impress!
Roasted Baby Eggplant with Tahini Yogurt & Mango Garnish
10 baby eggplants, washed and halved
salt to taste
cracked black pepper to taste
olive oil to drizzle
for yogurt sauce:
3/4 cups plan non-fat yogurt
1/2 tbs tahini sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper
juice from 1/2 a small lemon
pinch of salt
pinch of garlic powder
for mango salad:
1 mango, diced
2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
1 persian cucumber, diced
1 plum tomato, diced
3-4 fresh mint leaves, chopped
1/3 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F. On an oiled baking sheet place eggplant cut side up and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Put into the oven for about 45 minutes until softened and lightly browned. *Serve warm.*
- While that is baking prepare your sauce by combining all the yogurt sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisking well.
- In a separate bowl combine the mango salad ingredients and mix.
- Roast walnuts in a small dry, heavy skillet for 1 to 2 minutes stirring and tossing frequently for even roasting. Remove from pan to let cool then roughly chop and set aside for later use.
- When the eggplants are finished roasting remove from the oven and assemble your dish by applying a dollop of yogurt on the warm eggplant then topping it off with some mango salad and toasted walnuts. Do this for all the eggplants until ingredients are done.
- Garnish with more mint leaves, serve, and enjoy!
www.alaaspantry.com * instagram.com/alaaspantry