the perfect snack, lots of fiber and protein in these nutty and fragrant winter squash seeds
Homemade, lightly salted, roasted Garlic & Oregano Winter Squash Seeds. Try to be as waste-less as possible when it comes to cooking. These seeds came from the inside of a beautiful winter squash. Try to get yourself into the habit of using as much as a fruit or vegetable as possible. Instead of throwing out the innards of some gorgeous winter squash I was cooking with, I decided to keep the seeds and make this delicious snack. Squash seeds are a great source of fiber, which aid in digestive health and lowering cholesterol, as well as plant-based protein. They also provide vitamins A & C, folate, potassium, calcium, and iron. You can be quite creative when making these seeds and experiment with different flavors of your own making.
Garlic & Oregano Winter Squash Seeds
1 winter squash, de-seeded
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a strainer thoroughly rinse seeds to clean them off with cold water.
- Next pat dry the seeds with paper towels and pinch off any strains attached to the seeds.
- In a small bowl combine seeds, oregano, garlic powder, a light sprinkle of salt, and a light drizzle of canola oil. Mix well.
- Apply seeds on a baking sheet, evenly spreading out the seeds.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the seeds just begin to brown.Stir seeds around the 10 minute mark then put back for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- When finished, serve and enjoy!
for more follow