garden fresh cherry tomatoes, slow roasted to give a burst of flavor and packed with essential nutrients
Cherry tomatoes are just miniature beefsteak tomatoes and they are still loaded with the same vitamins and nutrients as their larger counterparts. These tomatoes are a good source of vitamin B6, which supports brain function, immune system function, and the production of red blood cells. Cherry tomatoes are also a good source of vitamin A, which supports eye functionality as well as the production of white blood cells that protects our bodies from certain illnesses, and allows our heart, lungs, and kidneys to work properly. These little bites of crispy grilled whole-grain bruschetta brushed with a garlic infused olive oil, all topped off with a basil and tomato blend, and drizzled with balsamic reduction are sure to impress your taste buds. Make them for your next gathering and watch them disappear.
Roasted Tomato Garlic Bruschetta
15 slices of small whole-grain bruschetta
1 pint cherry tomatoes
3 tbs olive oil, divided
¼ tsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbs fresh basil
1 stalk scallion, thinly sliced
Salt to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste
Balsamic reduction, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper.
In a bowl combine cherry tomatoes with 2 tbs olive oil, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Add cherry tomatoes to prepared baking sheet and put in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- While that is finishing up, mix 1 tbs olive oil with crushed garlic. Mix well and let sit for about 10 minutes, allow the olive oil to pick up the garlic flavor.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan on medium heat. Brush each side of the bruschetta with the garlic infused olive oil. Put on hot grill pan for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side until toasted (if you don’t have a cast-iron grill pan, you can use a toaster oven). Put on the side when finished.
- When cherry tomatoes are done, remove from oven into a bowl and combine with fresh basil and scallions.
- Take about a spoonful of tomato mixture on each bruschetta until all of them are topped off. Lightly drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Serve, and enjoy!
For more follow