every bite that gives you crunch, spice, and roasted chickpea perfection
Chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans, are a part of the legume family, which includes beans, peanuts, and lentils. Consumed regularly, chickpeas can provide significant health benefits. Chickpeas are a great source of fiber, manganese, folate, and protein. They provide a healthy heaping of plant-based protein where 1 cup contains 15 grams of protein. They are however an incomplete protein so it is beneficial to combine this type of protein with other protein rich foods in order to prevent amino-acid deficiency. Fiber in chickpeas helps aid towards digestive health and helps control blood sugar levels. Manganese aids towards bone development, wound healing, and helps important chemical reactions occur for body metabolism. Folate helps towards cell growth, brain cell communication, and protects against mutations that can lead to certain cancers. These crunchy chickpeas are great as a snack, or can be used to replace croutons in salad giving you a more nutrient dense yet still delicious option.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
1, 15 oz can chickpeas
½ tbsp olive oil
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
⅛ tsp garlic powder
⅛ tsp smoked paprika
⅛ tsp cumin
black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Drain all the water from your cans of chickpeas. After pour out the chickpeas on a paper towel and blot dry.
- Then put your chickpeas in a bowl and season with olive oil, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Garnished with chopped parsley.
- Line a cooking tray. Add your chickpeas, pop in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool, serve and enjoy!
For more follow