sweet and savory, this roasted butternut squash has the perfect melt-in-your-mouth bite
Butternut squash it is a good source of fiber, potassium, and several other important nutrients. There has been indication that high fiber diets can increase immunity due to better absorption of nutrients, and decreased inflammation in the gut. Due to their high vitamin A and vitamin C content, they can provide benefits towards hair and skin health. They can aid in the prevention of heart disease, diabetes, certain cancers, and obesity. They are also versatile enough to be used in both sweet and savory dishes, so get creative and make something delicious the next time you come across some butternut squash.
Pomegranate and Feta Roasted Butternut Squash
1 butternut squash, halved
1 tbs olive oil
½ tbs balsamic vinegar
⅛ tsp cumin
⅛ cayenne pepper
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
Feta cheese crumbles
Salt to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste
Pomegranate molasses to drizzle
Chili flakes if desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife and carefully halve the butternut squash. Add to a lined baking sheet. Slice about ¼ inch pieces thick if desired or leave whole. if slicing don’t cut completely to the bottom, leave attachment for slices to be able to hold up.
- Generously season the squash with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Pour this mixture over the butternut squash.
- Add to the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, until squash is tender.
- When done drizzle with pomegranate molasses, top off with pomegranate seeds, feta cheese, and chili flakes if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
For more follow