sweet roasted carrots over a bed of peppery arugula and a fresh zesty pomegranate molasses dressing
Roasting vegetables provides a unique smooth flavor that is a great addition to various dishes. Roasted carrots are almost creamy and provide a sweet delicate flavor. Carrots are loaded with antioxidants, especially beta carotene, and can aid in reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke. Antioxidants also help in protecting against certain illness and cancers. They are also beneficial towards hair and skin health. Arugula is a dark leafy green that is high in vitamin K, C, B vitamins, antioxidants and chlorophyll. It provides various health benefits towards heart, bone, skin and eye health. It can be used in salads, soups, on top of pizza, and pesto recipes.
Roasted Carrot and Arugula Salad
1 bundle medium sized carrots (about 6-8 carrots), peeled and clean
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tbsp olive oil
½ tsp fresh thyme, minced
Salt to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste
4 cups arugula
1 bell pepper, diced small
½ cup pomegranate seeds
¼ cup roasted cashews, roughly chopped
Feta cheese crumbles *optional*
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In bowl combine ingredients from section I and mix together well. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper add seasoned carrots. Put in oven for 15 minutes, flipping the carrots halfway through.
- In a separate bowl add section II ingredients. Add arugula first, then bell pepper, pomegranate seeds, cashews, and feta cheese crumbles.
- In a third small bowl add ingredients from sections III to make the dressing. Mix together well.
- When carrots are done roasting, allow to cool and cut into desired shapes. Add on top of salad, pour dressing over and serve.
For more follow