a simple pancake recipe that’s incredibly nutritious, soft, fluffy, and sweet
Oats are packed with nutritional benefits and are definitely a food that you want to incorporate in your routine. Oats are a rich source of fiber, protein, manganese, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, and iron among many other vitamins and minerals. Oats can help improve digestive health, balance blood sugar levels, improve heart health, and aid in weight loss due to their high fiber content, which allows you to feel fuller for longer periods of time. They are also rich in antioxidant, avenanthramide, which provides anti-inflammatory and anti-itching benefits. Avenanthramides increase the production of nitric oxide, which is a gas molecule that dilates blood vessels leading to better blood flow and reduced blood pressure levels. This particular pancake recipe is also a good gluten-free option for those with celiacs disease. It is also vegan, and egg-free and easily customizable with the addition of fruit in the batter, chocolate chips etc.
Oat Flour Pancakes
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup almond milk (+1 tbsp increments), can use milk of your choice
2-3 tbsp raw sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
Coconut butter, to grease pan
Fresh fruit to garnish
Pure maple syrup
- Put oats in blender and blend until fine and powdery, almost flour-like.
- Add oats to bowl along with almond milk, sugar, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Mix well. If you find the batter is too thick, add 1 tbsp of milk at a time, and mix. Do not allow the batter to become too runny or the pancakes will not form. If it does become runny add small amounts of oat flour until desired consistency is reached.
- Heat a pan to medium heat and add a dollop of coconut butter and spread.
- Using a ¼ cup measurement, scoop out pancake mixture onto the pan. Allow to cook until edges appear cooked and tops begin to bubble. Flip and other other side to cook evenly. Repeat until all the batter is done.
- Add to serving plate, garnish with fresh fruit, bee pollen, cacao nibs etc. Add some pure maple syrup and enjoy!
For more follow