a smooth rich pudding that’s everything you’re looking for a more in a chocolate dessert
Because of avocados and their mild flavor, they are versatile enough for both sweet and savory dishes. Though avocados are high in fat, having 22.5 g of fat in one fruit, they are rich in healthy monounsaturated fats. Avocados also help enable your body to absorb more fat soluble vitamins. They are rich in nutrients including fiber, vitamin K, B5, B6, vitamin C, folate and potassium. Cacao is another superfood that is extremely nutrient dense. It contains some of the highest levels of antioxidants of any food, having nearly forty times than the antioxidant levels of blueberries. It is also the highest plant based source of iron, which vital in providing life-giving oxygen to organ systems throughout our bodies. Dessert that is as delicious as it is good for you is always the best kind.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
2 ripe avocados
¼ cup plant-based milk, chocolate preferred (almond, coconut, cashew etc)
2-3 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅛ tsp sea salt
2-inch pieces of dark chocolate
3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
Coconut whipped cream to top *optional*
- Add the avocado, milk, cacao powder, vanilla, and salt to the food processor or blender and mix until uniformly combined.
- Next melt the dark chocolate by breaking into small pieces and adding to a small bowl. Next add the dark chocolate to the microwave for about 15 increments, while stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.
- Add maple syrup or honey to the melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Quickly add this mixture to the avocado mixture and blend, stopping to scraping down the sides when necessary, and continuing blending until everything is combined.
- Scoop out chocolate pudding mixture into ramekins to serve. Top off with coconut whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Chill, serve and enjoy!
For more follow