a little indulgent and a lot of delicious, with sweet bright peaches and a warm crispy topping
You definitely want to use very ripe peaches for this recipe. If you buy peaches that aren’t ripe leave them in a dry place at room temperature and allow them to ripen. In order to get them to ripen even faster put the peaches in a paper bag along with other fruit like an apple or banana. These fruit release high levels of ethylene gas that will allow the peaches to ripen even faster. The ripening process allows the peaches to become much sweeter than when they are first picked. Peaches are rich in vitamin A, beta-carotene, and vitamin C (ascorbic acid). You can choose to remove the skins in this recipe if desired but peach skins are very nutrient dense and carry a wide array of nutrients including antioxidants.
Golden Peach Crisp
4 cups ripe peaches, cut into wedges
⅓ cup brown sugar
½ tbsp to 1 tbsp cornstarch
1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
2 tablespoons flax seeds
2 teaspoons chia seeds
¼ cup chopped nuts
2 tbsp brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup ghee (or unsalted butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay peach wedges on surface of 8×8 baking pan. Add ⅓ cup brown sugar and cornstarch and mix together well. Allow this to sit to allow the sugar to draw out the peach juice. Prep your oat topping mixture in the meantime.
- In a medium sized bowl combine oats, flax seeds, chia seeds, nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ghee. Mix together well.
- Add the oat mixture evenly over the peaches. Put into the oven for about 30 minutes or until the oats gets a golden brown.
- Serve warm, alongside vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
For more follow