a crisp waffle with a soft and fluffy inside that has a bite, a perfect batter for waffles or pancakes
Oat Flour Waffle & Pancake Batter
2 cups rolled oats
2 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener substitute)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
vegetable spray for waffle maker or skillet pan if making pancakes
Toppings (berries, chocolate chips, coconut chips etc)
Pure maple syrup
1. Put rolled oats in a food processor and blend until very fine or powder-like.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and begin cooking immediately or the oats will soak up too much liquid.
3. If making waffles: Generously spray waffle maker with oil to ensure waffle does not stick. Add about 1/4 of the batter per waffle. Cook waffles according to your waffle maker and do not open until completely done. Repeat until all batter is done.
4. If making pancakes: Put skillet on medium heat and spray with oil. When hot add about 1/3 cup of pancake mix to hot skillet. Once little bubbles start to form on surface, flip and cook until golden and crispy brown. Repeat this step with the rest of the batter.
5. Add to servings plate, top with your favorite toppings, add a drizzle of pure maple syrup and enjoy!
For more follow