authentic juicy, over-night marinated beef shawarma wraps, with zesty tahini sauce wrapped up in a warm homemade tortilla
Beef Shawarma Wraps
4 large tortillas (Use Alaa’s Pantry recipe, Homemade Flour Tortillas)
1 pound beef, cut into thin strips
1 lemon, juiced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp all spice
½ tbsp ground cumin
½ tbsp ground coriander
½ tbsp sweet paprika
½ tbsp chili powder
½ tbsp garlic powder
½ teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
cracked black pepper to taste
1/3 cup tahini
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 garlic minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
fresh cilantro, minced
1. Marinate beef: Combine all ingredients in part 1 to marinate beef. Cover and set in fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Cook beef: In a skillet on medium-high heat, add oil, and add your beef until cooked fully through and is no longer pink. When fully cooked add to separate bowl and reserve the meat juice that was left over in skillet.
3. Make tahini sauce: Combine all ingredients in part II to create your Tahini Sauce. Only add more water in small increments if sauce is too thick until you reach your desired consistency. Adjust seasonings and mix well.
4. Assemble sandwich: In the center of your tortilla first layer tahini sauce, then add beef, pickles, tomatoes, fresh cilantro and wrap closed tightly.
5. Toast wrap: Lay folded side down on a skillet on medium-high heat and allow to toast and crisp up on one side. Dip back into the reserved meat juice and brush on the exposed side of the wrap. Flip and allow other side to toast and crisp. Should only take between 30 – 60 seconds on each side.
6. Serve with more tahini sauce and enjoy!
For more follow