seared tender chicken, loaded with crisp vegetables tossed and smothered in a simple, sweet and tangy stir fry sauce
Chicken Stir Fry
1 pound chicken breast, bite-sized & sliced thin
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red chili flakes *optional*
2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin (use asparagus if you don’t like mushrooms)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 bell pepper, julienned
4 stalks scallions, sliced thin
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 to 1-inch piece ginger, minced
1 small hot chili, minced *optional*
1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 3 tbsp of water
cilantro to garnish, minced
sesame seeds to garnish
1. Marinate chicken by mixing all ingredients in part I in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Once ready, use a wok or non-stick frying pan and set on high heat. Add a drizzle of vegetable, or sesame oil and coat the wok. Add chicken in a single layer, not over crowding the pan. Don’t move chicken until ready to flip to ensure it sears. Once cooked on one side flip over and cook/sear on the other side (about 2 minutes to sear on each side). You may have to do this in two batches. Complete until all your chicken is cooked through and remove chicken onto a separate place.
3. Combine all your sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix well, leaving out the cornstarch mixture.
4. Add a drizzle of oil to the wok and add your vegetables. Cook until tender yet still crisp, tossing for about 3 minutes. When done remove to vegetables the same plate you have your chicken on.
5. Add the stir fry sauce to the wok, bring to a simmer and add in thoroughly mixed cornstarch and water. Bring to a simmer again, and let sauce thicken. Once ready add in your chicken and vegetables and coat well with sauce and heat through.
6. Garnish with fresh cilantro or sliced scallions.
7. Serve over rice and enjoy!
For more follow